STEF Bodegraven received in 2017 the 2nd Star of the Lean & Green program. This award recognizes the achievement of new measurable actions in sustainable development contributing to the performance of transport activities dedicated to fresh and frozen food products in the Netherlands.
Lean & Green
Lean & Green is an international program that encourages and supports companies in reducing their CO2 emissions from their transport and logistics activities. It is organized around three stages:
- The Lean & Green Prize given to companies that commit to an action plan with the aim of reducing their CO2 emissions by 20% within a maximum of five years
- The 1st Lean & Green Star awarded to companies that have achieved this goal
- The 2nd Lean & Green Star awarded to companies that have made new measurable actions in sustainable development
The STEF Group has just been rewarded by the 2nd Star thanks to three main measures:
- Establishment of a network between the 3 sites in the Netherlands: STEF Bodegraven, STEF Eindhoven, STEF Raalte and as well as with the site STEF Saintes in Belgium, to mass up the volumes and reduce the number of kilometers traveled
- Installation of a road optimization software to reduce the number of kilometers traveled
- Commissioning of steering axle trailers to reduce fuel consumption and increase tire life
In 2011, the STEF Group received the Lean & Green Award and the 1st Star in 2014.